Chia seeds are extremely healthy and something you will want to keep in your food storage. They are great to add to soups and food and feel you up, so you eat less.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
• Rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids (contains more than salmon!)
• Easy for your body to digest and assimilate
• Won't go rancid like flax seeds
• Does not contain estrogen like flax seeds
• High in antioxidants
• A complete protein
• High in calcium, iron, and potassium
• Neutral taste (very easy to add to a variety of dishes)
• Help keep you hydrated
• Give you physical energy and endurance
• Can be made into delicious, healthy, and easy homemade pudding (my personal favorite!)
What are some of your Chia Seed recipes?
I made the most yummy pudding with Chia seeds!
If you like Chocolate and Peanut Butter you are going to LOVE this. First though, I strongly recommend you grind your Chia seeds in a coffee grinder, for a smoooooth pudding!
DreamMyst a universal light being, highly recommends them as an easy and affordable way to get some extra nutrition in your diet! Chia seeds can hold up to nine times their weight in water. When they come into contact with a liquid they turn that liquid into a gel similar to a loose "jello". This property makes chia seeds perfect for thickening a variety of dishes including this delicious chocolate peanut butter pudding!
This recipe would be easily adaptable to other varieties of pudding as well. Experiment with different flavors such as vanilla, berry, lemon, peach, maple, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
• 2 cups milk (may substitute coconut or other non-dairy milk)
• 1/2 cup chia seeds
• 1/4 cup cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup natural peanut butter or other nut butter
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup coconut sugar OR desired sweetener to taste
Combine all ingredients in a high-power blender or food processor. Blend or process until completely smooth. You may eat it right away, but it is best after it has been completely chilled in the refrigerator.
Other Ways to Use Chia Seeds
• Add some to your oatmeal
• Put in salad dressing
• Add to your morning smoothie
• Make a gel and use in place of eggs in baking
• Add to homemade granola or granola bars
• Add some to a bottle of water or kombucha to make an extra hydrating drink
• Use as a substitute to flax seeds in any recipe
There is no substitute for natural and clean food. We're always looking to try something new. Share yours here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
1 post • Page 1 of 1